On Saturday, I attended the Lancaster Christian Writer's Group seminar featuring well-known Christian publisher, Dean Drawbaugh. Author, public speaker, former general manager of Destiny Image Publishing Company, and now President at Drawbaugh Publishing Group, Dean Drawbaugh has been in the business of producing successful book titles for over 40 years. He has engineered 600+ books in the last 7 years alone. I learned a lot and had a wonderful time chatting with Dean and his lovely wife, Phyllis, afterwards! Here are some notes I took on what he shared:
The Bookseller - Nine Qualities that Generate Book Sales (and/or contribute to it's success)
1. Must capture and maintain the reader's attention (You've got to find good material for the market.)
2. Organize the book for ease of understanding (Not confusing, but logical... Ex. types of order -- time, spacial, logical)
3. Write with a clear and readable style. (He suggested 15-17 words for an average sentence)
4. Position the book to it's market
5. Choose (or design) an attention-grabbing cover (for target audience)
6. Develop sizzling marketing copy (not written by author)
7. Format the book for an easy read (reader may put it down if too difficult)
8. Grow an enthusiastic network
9. Orchestrate the book launch.
For more information or to contact Dean, visit his website at: http://deandrawbaugh.com/
Thank you for landing on my blog! It’s an honor to have some of your time. This a collection of photos, art, poems, and other stuff on my creative life journey. I’m thankful to have this visual diary, and if it blesses YOU, that’s even better!
I’d love to hear from you.
2021 © Kathleen Rupff All rights reserved.