I'm a part-time artist / writer,
full-time wife, &
mom to three adorable critters.
I am blessed -- Just wish there
was more time in each day!
Kathy (Jakubowski) Rupff majored in Art and graduated from St. Mary's College of Maryland in 1987. During her fifth year she gained experience in graphic design and printing during an internship at the St. Mary's City Historical Society's Print Shop. One of the honors she experienced at college was the sale of her painting, The Beggar, to one of her art professors. She was also delighted that a fellow art student asked to purchase her acrylic painting triptych, Hope, Peace & Joy. She often dreams about her college years and would love to be a full-time student again!
After college, Kathy served in another Print Shop for 18 years as a graphic designer and pre-press coordinator for Victory Christian Fellowship (New Castle, DE) from 1989 to 2007. She received her graphics training at the Delaware College of Art and Design (Wilmington, DE) and also graduated from The School of Biblical Studies (New Castle, DE). While on staff at VCF, in 2006 Kathy created and led the Young Artist’s Group-- an art program for children ages 5-12.
Kathy married Evan Rupff in 2007 and moved to New Jersey where she continued her art education at The Baum School of Art in Allentown, PA. In 2008 she began selling her artwork through Tina Pearl Designs, then subsequently earned her Certificate of Eligibility to teach art in New Jersey public schools in 2009.
Currently working mainly in paper collage, photography, and digital art, Kathy's interested in creativity of all kinds— including writing, children's book illustration, and baking. She and Evan live with their bunny, Mac and kitties, Hobbs and Purr-Tater, in northwest NJ.
Art Awards & Honors
- First Place Art - Mixed Media - Aslan & Judges' Choice Award Art - Transformation
St. Catherine of Bologna Patron of the Arts Association 19th Annual Photography, Art & Poetry Exhibition and Sale, April 2018
- First Place Professional Category, Photography, "Skylands Scenic Beauty Photo Contest", Along Swayze Mill Pond, Warren County, NJ, 2017
- Winner, Logo Contest, Forks Township Community Days Logo, June 2015
- Illustrations, Photos & Poems appear on #LoveMadeVisible Blog Event, February 2015 (see "Writing" for links)
- Top 12 Finalist, Willowwood Arboretum Magnolia Photo Contest, May 2013
- Winner Adult Category, Mother Goose Illustration Contest, Daffy Down Dilly, Catherine Dixon Hoffman Branch Public Library, Blairstown, NJ, 2012 (Click here for blog post)
- First Place, Dream of a Lion, Mixed Media Category, Warren County Spring Arts Show, 2012
- Honorable Mention, Daffodils, Mixed Media Category, Warren County Spring Arts Show, 2012
- Kathy Temean was kind enough to feature me on her Writing and Illustrating "Illustrator Saturday" blog, July 2010... Click here
- Rutgers University Council on Children's Literature 2010 One-on-One Plus Conference, selected participant
- First Place Professional Category, Photography, "Skylands Scenic Beauty Photo Contest", Swayze Mill Park, Warren County, NJ, 2009
- First Place,“Stars & Stripes Forever” Mixed Media Category, Warren County Spring Arts Show, 2009
- Certificate of Recognition, Photography, Grasshopper, Art Across the River, Columbia, NJ, 2008
- Third Place Professional Category, Photography, Skylands Scenic Beauty Photo Contest, Fall Path, Warren County, NJ, 2008
- Employee of the Month, MBNA America Advertising Department, Wilmington, DE, 2001
- Winner, Logo & Poster Design Contest, St. Mary’s College of Maryland, “Governor’s Cup Yacht Race”, St. Mary's City, MD, 2000
- Superior Artist Awards, for Transformation painting and Three Men drawing, St. Mary's College of MD, St. Mary's City, MD, 1987
Honored to be only student in graduating class to win two of these awards
- St. Catherine of Bologna Patron of the Arts Association 19th Annual Photography, Art & Poetry Exhibition and Sale, April 2018
- Faith Through the Arts -- How Marvelous God's Greatness, St. John's Lutheran Church, Nazareth, PA, March 1-28, 2015
- Arbor Glen Senior Living, Bridgewater, NJ, Retrospective Show, November 18, 2014 -January 5, 2015
- Across the Ages Alumni Art Show, St. Mary's College of Maryland, June 2013
- Mandalas, Portraits, and Spiritual Colors, Warren County Arts, Oxford, NJ, July-August, 2013
- Dreamscapes of Summer, Warren County Arts, Oxford, NJ, August-October 2012
- National Collage Society 15th Annual Postcard Show, Bellevue, WA, April 2012
- Warren County Arts Barn Art Group Show, Oxford, NJ, April 2012
- Warren County Cultural & Heritage Commission Annual "Skylands Scenic Beauty Photography Contest," Shows, 2008-10, 2017
- Warren County Arts Group Show, Photography, RVC Gallery, Blairstown, NJ, 2011
- Mountain Art Show, Bernardsville, NJ, 2010, “Wren's Summer Song”, Paper collage
- "Rust, Paint and Scissors" - A Retrospective Show, Art Way Gallery, Princeton Alliance Church, Plainsboro, NJ, 2010
- Warren County Arts Spring Art Shows, Oxford, NJ, 2009 & 2012
- Mountain Art Show, Bernardsville, NJ, 2009, "Spring Dogwood Days" Paper collage, First piece sold!
On a Personal Note...
I see creativity as a gift from God -- the Ultimate, Loving Creator! God has a wonderful plan for each of our lives.... I believe part of that plan includes knowing Him and experiencing the love He has for us through His Son, Jesus Christ. For more info click here.
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved, you and your house." Acts 16:31
To begin this journey and receive all that Jesus has done for you, say this prayer from your heart:
Heavenly Father, Thank you for loving me. Thank you for the gift of Your Son, that you freely gave up for me and my family. Christ died for my sins, He was buried, and He was raised from the dead. All my sins have all been put away. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. Thank you, Father, that from now on I'm no longer alone. You watch over me. The Lord Jesus is my Shepherd. He feeds me, He leads me, He guides me-- from this day forth. Surely, goodness and mercy will hunt me down all the days of my life. Thank you, Father, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
To receive more information on God's love for you and the gift of salvation, sign up by clicking on links below, or click here for your free e-book The One Thing—31-day devotional by Joseph Prince.
2018 © Kathleen Rupff. All rights reserved.