I'm a late bloomer-- married at 42 and began life together with my beloved husband, Evan, in 2007. I'm thankful for God's love and the blessing of creativity as a wife and homemaker, as well as through the visual and written arts.
When I look at the amazingly intricate beauty of God's creation, I sometimes think, "How can my artwork compare with His?" Then He reminds me that I am also one of His lovely creations, and in the act of creating... we are like Him.
In the beginning God created... Genesis 1:1
As He is, so are we in this world... I John 4:17
For we are God's masterpiece... Ephesians 2:20
Kathy (Jakubowski) Rupff majored in Art at St. Mary's College of Maryland. She participated in an internship at St. Mary's City Historical Society's Print Shop her fifth year, graduating in 1987. One of the highlights of college was selling The Beggar oil painting to one of her art professors, and an abstract acrylic triptych painting, Hope, Peace & Joy, to a fellow art student. She often dreams about her college years and would love to go back and be a full-time student!
After college, Kathy served in another Print Shop for 18 years as a graphic designer and pre-press coordinator for Victory Christian Fellowship (New Castle, DE) from 1989 to 2007. She received her graphics training at the Delaware College of Art and Design (Wilmington, DE) and also graduated from The School of Biblical Studies (New Castle, DE). While on staff at VCF, in 2006 Kathy created and led the Young Artist’s Group-- an art program for children ages 5-12.
Kathy married Evan Rupff in 2007 and moved to New Jersey where she continued her art education at The Baum School of Art in Allentown, PA. In 2008 she began selling her artwork through Tina Pearl Designs, then subsequently earned her Certificate of Eligibility to teach art in New Jersey public schools in 2009.
Currently working mainly in paper collage, photography, and digital art, Kathy's interested in creativity of all kinds— including writing, cooking, and baking. She and Evan live with their bunny, Mac and kitty, Hobbs, in northwest NJ.
Art Awards & Honors
- First Place Professional Category, Photography, "Skylands Scenic Beauty Photo Contest", Along Swayze Mill Pond, Warren County, NJ, 2017
- Winner, Logo Contest, Forks Township Community Days Logo, June 2015
- Illustrations, Photos & Poems appear on #LoveMadeVisible Blog Event, February 2015 (see "Writing" for links)
- Top 12 Finalist, Willowwood Arboretum Magnolia Photo Contest, May 2013
- Winner Adult Category, Mother Goose Illustration Contest, Daffy Down Dilly, Catherine Dixon Hoffman Branch Public Library, Blairstown, NJ, 2012 (Click here for blog post)
- First Place, Dream of a Lion, Mixed Media Category, Warren County Spring Arts Show, 2012
- Honorable Mention, Daffodils, Mixed Media Category, Warren County Spring Arts Show, 2012
- Kathy Temean was kind enough to feature me on her Writing and Illustrating "Illustrator Saturday" blog, July 2010... Click here
- Rutgers University Council on Children's Literature 2010 One-on-One Plus Conference, selected participant
- First Place Professional Category, Photography, "Skylands Scenic Beauty Photo Contest", Swayze Mill Park, Warren County, NJ, 2009
- First Place,“Stars & Stripes Forever” Mixed Media Category, Warren County Spring Arts Show, 2009
- Certificate of Recognition, Photography, Grasshopper, Art Across the River, Columbia, NJ, 2008
- Third Place Professional Category, Photography, Skylands Scenic Beauty Photo Contest, Fall Path, Warren County, NJ, 2008
- Employee of the Month, MBNA America Advertising Department, Wilmington, DE, 2001
- Winner, Logo & Poster Design Contest, St. Mary’s College of Maryland, “Governor’s Cup Yacht Race”, St. Mary's City, MD, 2000
- Superior Artist Awards, for Transformation painting and Three Men drawing, St. Mary's College of MD, St. Mary's City, MD, 1987
- Faith Through the Arts -- How Marvelous God's Greatness, St. John's Lutheran Church, Nazareth, PA, March 1-28, 2015
- Arbor Glen Senior Living, Bridgewater, NJ, Retrospective Show, November 18, 2014 -January 5, 2015
- Mandalas, Portraits, and Spiritual Colors, Warren County Arts, Oxford, NJ, July-August, 2013
- Dreamscapes of Summer, Warren County Arts, Oxford, NJ, August-October 2012
- National Collage Society 15th Annual Postcard Show, Bellevue, WA, April 2012
- Warren County Arts Barn Art Group Show, Oxford, NJ, April 2012
- Warren County Cultural & Heritage Commission Annual "Skylands Scenic Beauty Photography Contest," Shows, 2010 & 2011
- Warren County Arts Group Show, Photography, RVC Gallery, Blairstown, NJ, 2011
- Mountain Art Show, Bernardsville, NJ, 2010, “Wren's Summer Song”, Paper collage
- "Rust, Paint and Scissors" - A Retrospective Show, Art Way Gallery, Princeton Alliance Church, Plainsboro, NJ, 2010
- Warren County Arts Spring Art Shows, Oxford, NJ, 2009 & 2012
- Mountain Art Show, Bernardsville, NJ, 2009, "Spring Dogwood Days" Paper collage, First piece sold!
On a Personal Note...
I see creativity as a gift from God -- the Ultimate, Loving Creator! God has a wonderful plan for each of our lives.... I believe part of that plan includes knowing Him and experiencing the love He has for us through His Son, Jesus Christ. For more info click here.
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved, you and your house." Acts 16:31
To begin this journey and receive all that Jesus has done for you, say this prayer from your heart:
Heavenly Father, Thank you for loving me. Thank you for the gift of Your Son, that you freely gave up for me and my family. Christ died for my sins, He was buried, and He was raised from the dead. All my sins have all been put away. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. Thank you, Father, that from now on I'm no longer alone. You watch over me. The Lord Jesus is my Shepherd. He feeds me, He leads me, He guides me-- from this day forth. Surely, goodness and mercy will hunt me down all the days of my life. Thank you, Father. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
Praise the Lord! For more information (below left) and encouragement (below right), click on links below. To help you begin your journey as a believer, click here to download your free e-book The One Thing—31-day devotional by Joseph Prince.
2017 © Kathleen Rupff. All rights reserved.